The glasses you wear are an important part of your style, as they play an everyday accessory to your outfit. Here are four tips to help you choose the right eye wear in Ottawa.
The shape of your face plays the most important role in determining what kind of eye wear will best suit you. Once you find a shape that is flattering to your face you can focus on the other features. The basic rules are as follows:
- Round: angular narrow frames, a clear bridge to widen and wider frames like rectangles.
- Oval: as wide as the broadest part of your face in a walnut frame that isn’t too deep or narrow.
- Oblong: deeper as opposed to wider, with some decorative detail at the temple area or a lower bridge to take emphasis away from your nose.
- Base down triangle: A strong colour with lots of detail or an interesting shape such as cat-eye.
- Base up triangle: lighter colours and frames that are wider at the bottom or completely rimless.
- Diamond: distinct brow lines, detailing or cat-eye shapes, as well as rimless.
- Square: more width than depth and narrow frames like ovals.
Your skin is either warm or cool. Warm is a yellow base and cool is blue. You will be either warm and peachy or cool and rosy. You want to choose the same tone eye wear as your skin with warm colours such as yellows, gold’s and browns for warm skin tones and cool tones such as blue, green and silver for cool skin tones.
Your eye colour does not play as much of a role as you might think. The reason for this is because your iris colour can vary and may not even be in the same family as your skin tone. It is better to choose glasses that suit your skin tone rather than your iris hue.
As mentioned skin tone is important. If you want something more fashionable you will find options that will be more on-trend in both skin tone families. For example prominent black frames are quite in fashion, but this is considered a cool tone. Dark tortoise frames or daring red would be a fashion-forward alternative if you have warm skin.
Asking for a professional opinion will help narrow down your options so you can find the most flattering eye wear. Take your time, have fun and never settle for something you don’t like.