Adding some angles to your eyewear game is in. Rectangle glasses are the perfect way to complement various face shapes and level up your everyday style. These shapes are timeless classics that come in various sizes, widths, styles and colours. Read on to learn about the types of rectangle frames available and how they can enhance your appearance.
Popular Rectangle Glasses
Rectangle frames have been popular for decades, and these classics are not going out of style any time soon. They vary from full to half-rim and can come in various materials, thicknesses, and colours. If you want to hop on this fashion trend, here are a few styles that have stood out in recent years and will likely continue to do so in the future:
- Wayfarer: The Wayfarer, arguably made trendy by Ray-Ban, is a classic full-rim rectangle style. Its iconic design features a thicker frame and a slightly square look that flatters many face shapes.
- Clubmaster: This is a half-rim rectangle style that combines a thick top with a thin bottom frame. It is often made with a combination of metal and plastic materials and is a popular choice for those wanting a bold touch without sacrificing simplicity.
- Cat-eye: This type of frame is popular for those who want to show off a little bit of flare. Although most popular among women, these glasses suit everyone and can complement many different face shapes.
Face Shapes that Suit Rectangle Glasses
Rectangle glasses are some of the most versatile options out there. They can suit various face shapes, including oval, round, square, and heart-shaped. Let’s explore some of the effects of rectangle glasses on different face shapes in more detail:
- Oval: Rectangle frames can help emphasize the natural symmetry of your face and balance out your features.
- Round: Rectangle frames contrast your round features and can elongate your face and provide a more angular structure.
- Heart-shaped: These frames can soften the angles of your face while adding some elegance. Choosing a style with a bit more of a curved shape or wider bottom can balance your wider forehead and narrower jawline.
- Square: If you have a square facial shape, it’s a good idea to avoid super boxy styles. Instead, rectangular frames with a rounded look, like Wayfarer glasses, can make your face appear less angular.
Finding Your Next Pair
At Laurier Optical, we have a wide selection of rectangle glasses to choose from. Whether you prefer a bold or minimalist look, you’re sure to find a frame that will suit your style. Get in touch with us or visit us at our Orleans location today so our experts can help you find the perfect pair!